Monday, August 12, 2013

Hello again, it's been a while

Wow, so almost a month since the last time we have posted.  Sorry it has taken this long.  The three of us have had such an interesting experience up here in Boston and time has just flown by.  It's crazy to think that in just over a month we will be leaving to our next destination (wherever that may be).  So many things have happened in the past month so I thought I would fill you in and get you up to speed.

We finally had our first Fenway Experience.  I love baseball and to see one of the most historic baseball parks was one of the goals of mine for coming up to Boston.  The Red Sox beat the Arizona Diamondbacks that night and all of the Boston traditions we in full effect.  I had been waiting each inning to join in with Red Sox Nation in singing "Sweet Caroline".  Little did I know that it was in the 8th inning.  I think even Jenae might have enjoyed herself last night.  The self-proclaimed "Baseball Hater"  said that the non-consumerist vibe from the stadium was much more appealing to her than the gimmicks and up-selling at other ballparks she had been to.  This weekend we plan to go to another game, this one against the Yankees, Boston's most rivaled team.  I look forward to taking part in one of america's most heated rivalry in sports dating back to over a century.

In mid July, Jenae and I decided to take the plunge and purchase a travel trailer that we will be using for housing starting in October.  It is a 2006 Keystone Zeppelin 291. We took a weekend to visit my mother on her birthday as well as go down to the PA/MD border to buy the "Zep" and hauled it back to Abington.  We have been scoping out a trailer for about 5-6 months in order to bank some extra cash at each assignment.  We also decided to renovate the trailer to make it more our style and not something an 65 yr old would retire in.  So the renovations have been ongoing and we will be posting before/after photos to give you a glimpse of  our "home on the road".  In addition to the value of extra cash in each location, we (mostly me) have been waiting for an opportunity to add a dog to our family.  As of last week we have made a deposit on a male vizsla puppy born friday located in UT.   One of these puppies will be coming on the road with us and I am really looking forward to it.  8 weeks cant come soon enough.

I need some help with names everyone, post a comment with what you think we should name our little Vizsla.

So thats is just a little bit of where we are, what we have done, and what the future holds.

--Drew

1 comment:

  1. IMHO, you cannot name a dog without seeing him/her first! I will be thinking on it of course, but I feel that I will need further inspiration :)

    Also, you should be thinking of what to name your new digs! Excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete